Monday, October 8, 2012

Film Comparison (Differences)


The only aspect of the movie that I don’t like and that I found different from the book is the relationship between Katniss and Gale. In the book I felt that they were in love and there was connection between them even though nothing was spoken about how they felt about each other. I feel like Gale and Katniss have such a close friendship and they are in love without even knowing it. In the movie on the other hand I felt like that connection was not there, they talked like friends but I didn’t send feel like they loved each other. Which can be an issue for later movies.

2 comments:

  1. I agree I noticed the relationship between Katniss and Gale was made a bigger deal in the book than it was in the movie. Having read all of the books I feel that the relationship they have in the first book plays a big part in the next books especially the last one and I feel they should of played it out a bit more so when the last book comes it is not a big surprise at the relationship between the two of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree! I felt there was quite a bit lacking in showing her relationship with several people. In the book there was a better description of her alliance with Rue, the movie kind of sped right through it. I'm sure time was an issue, but I do think those connections are important. I think if you haven't read the book, then the movie could cause some confusion.

    ReplyDelete