Monday, October 8, 2012

Readers Response


Anonymous
Posted July 27, 2009 on Barns and Noble

"There's really not much to say other than I just read a book that was equal part disturbing and completely compelling.
I can't even say how much this book effected me, both emotionally and physically. (I bought a bow and arrow set. No kidding.)
I think this is a book that will stick with me for a very long time.
Caution: It's violent and a lot of parts are very unsettling, but if you can get through it, it's really an amazing read. Opens your mind, for sure.
I can't wait for the sequel."
This comment shows that Katniss is an empowering female character. She effected this person so much that they went out and bought a bow and arrow. Katniss is different type of female character and I’m glad other see that she is as strong and empowering as I see her.
 Underwhelemed, Hoping for More, January 29, 2012

By
 From amozon.com

This review is from: The Hunger Games (Book 1) (Paperback)
Everyone around me has been talking about this book and I finally got a chance to read it. I burned through it in less than a weekend, but I found myself wanting to like it more than I actually did. The plot went extremely fast (and normally I read quite slow), but to me there was no depth to the story. Each revelation the main character had seemed forced to me. I felt like I was constantly being told this or that fact was important, or the main character felt this way without the prose actually making me *feel* that way. It was just too much telling and not enough showing. Also, the dialogue throughout (epsecially between Peeta and Katniss) felt so stilted and rang very untrue to me. Often sentences were confusing and sometimes scenes transitioned so quickly it was confusing I had to read over a passage a few times. (It seemed on more than one occasion that Katniss had spent her last arrow, when in the next scene she was reloading her bow.) There was even a typo in my copy.



I didn't think that is was possible for someone to not like this book. So far I have only heard good reviews on the book, mainly becuase they can realate in ways or they look up to Katniss. But this person found that there was no depth to the book and the dialogue between Kattniss and Peeta felt unture. I can agree with that because like I said before I feel like in the begining when Peeta says he loves Katniss, Katniss pretends to love him back so she can get sponsers. Then when they spend time together in the cave they become more connected even though Katniss kinds of playes along to get medicain and food, but that kiss between them was real and feel like Katniss does love Peeta. That could also be because I read the other two books.





No comments:

Post a Comment